Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What We Want?


How many times you've been thinking about what you really want to do in life? i mean in career context. Especially since we've graduated from university, first question that pop up in our mind, what next? what should i do for a living? 

Many times when i talk to my friends, we discuss a lot of what we want to do after we graduate from university. Continuing our study in Master Program or work? hoping we get what we wish for. "Dream, believe, make it happen",  that's what Agnes Monica quotes. I truly believe it. She shows us that her dream turns become reality to be an International Artist. Agnes follows her passion in singing & acting to expand her career.

"Passion is one of the keys in chasing our dream" I believe that passion will lead us to choosing the right path for ourselves", for me to finally realize that my passion belongs to Law and Fashion world,  it is not a short way to decide.Since Junior High School, I've been thinking to enter Law Faculty.Why? Because back then I've been interested in child abuse issues, and hopefully I'll be able to defend & fight for their rights someday.                           

When I entered  Law Faculty, again, I ask myself, is this what I really want? Many times I confused, is it the right choice If I become a lawyer? or should I be an activist or maybe work in Ministry of Woman & Child Empowerment? There are a lot of choices.

In 2010, I decided to join an Internship in a Law Firm in Jakarta. They accepted me to do an Intern in Litigation Division as I applied for. Gratefully after 3 months of interned, the partners (heads of the Law Firm) asked me to join the Corporate Division as a Junior Associate. Praise to Allah, He shows me a direction to follow my dream. Learning a lot from my Senior and Partners make me realize that I'm truly interested in law industry.

About Fashion, I am interested in this field since I often reads Fashion Magazines and Fashion Blogs. It is Diana Rikasari with Hot Chocolate & Mint inspires me to have my own Blog. When Lady Gaga came out, I started to learn about High Fashion. In my opinion, she is the Queen of High Fashion and a definition of Haute Couture. Within one year, I realize that fashion is my other passion in life.

Everyday, I talk a lot about Law and Fashion and I never bored, never tired. Why? Because everytime I talk and work on it, I really enjoy it. A good friend of mine, Ayunda Tafsa Afifa has a blog too  named 'Paradigmafifa'. From her, I learned a lot about chasing a dream. One day, she told me to chase "what we want", we have to focus! and I agree. Shortly, Kak Afie (I called her), said according to her favorite quotes from Alain de Botton :

”One of the interesting things about success is that we think we know what it means. A lot of the time our ideas about what it would mean to live successfully are not our own. They're sucked in from other people. And we also suck in messages from everything from the television to advertising to marketing, etc. These are hugely powerful forces that define what we want and how we view ourselves. What I want to argue for this is not that we should give up on our ideas of success, but that we should make sure that they are our own. We should focus in on our ideas and make sure that we own them, that we're truly the authors of our own ambitions. Because it's bad enough not getting what you want, but it's even worse to have an idea of what it is you want and find out at the end of the journey that it isn't, in fact, what you wanted all along."

For knowing our passion and what we want to do in life, it is not a instant way, not only by thinking hard within five minutes, we finally know and decide.  We need to think more and more, learn about ourselves, and find the answer from this question : what I'm enjoy working on. Moreover, we need to focus and work hard is a must. It is not that easy to make our dream become reality.

Nothing impossible in this world. As long as we know what we want, strong determination, work hard, never give up and always pray to God. A lot of thing to catch up. Keep pursuing our dream, best of luck for us! XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top