Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Svarna by IKAT Indonesia


After interviewing Didiet Maulana, the founder and designer of IKAT Indonesia due to create my article ‘Traditional Indonesian Textiles Go Global’ for Khabar Southeast Asia. I invited to attend his fashion show on Saturday, February 16th 2013 at The Ballroom Four Seasons Hotel, Jakarta. So exciting! I saw her glimpse of design at Puteri Indonesia 2013 and I know that Nadya Hutagalung has wore IKAT Indonesia’s piece during one episode at Asia’s Next Top Model. I salute to his commitment to always use traditional fabrics in his creation and able to elevate his design to International level.

Joined ‘Her World Brides Wedding Fair’ this year, this Indonesia talented designer with architecture background launched his bridal collection ‘Svarna’ means gold coins. By using ‘Palembang Woven’ fabric, he takes Indonesian traditional fabric into modern International wedding outfit. Featuring the model couple: Marshall Sastra and Dominique Diyose, Svarna fashion show looks lovely than ever. And here are my picks.  



Congratulation Mas Didiet! and looking forward to see your another creations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top